
This is one of the many quotes that I have been living by for the past several years. I have no idea why people. (NOT just men!) Tell you what they think you want to hear. But when it is time for them to show the actions……………… it never equals! I'm a firm believer of actions speak louder than words!
Why do people say “I Love You!” like the world is suppose to rise and fall on that. If I believed everyone who ever told me that they loved me then I would not have grown up the second half of my life without a father. He loved me….. But he loved his Girlfriend/eventually wife more! SMH That is why I always say ……what does love got to do with it! Just like the Tina Turner song!
Looking back at my past dating experiences. If I was important enough for them then why am I still single?!!?!?!? Simple. Because it’s easy to say it then to truly mean it! And if I say it then I truly mean it! Why waste the words otherwise!
I am so tired of my ex’s trying to come back after we broke up for whatever reason. Simply saying but I love you! #AND? If I was important enough for them at that time we would still be together. I have been cheated on, used, lied to, etc. all in the name of love! SMH Come to think of it. I have hear the word marriage almost as much. Why do men (Not all men) think that throwing out the word marriage to a single woman is a deal breaker. If I hear that word one more time. ERGH!!!!! Like I have explained it to several people so far: I am 30+ if I am not marriage it is by choice, do you think I am going to jump into a marriage with anyone! SMH MY clock is not ticking…. I already have my kids. If I get married then that will be just the natural transgression of our relationship. Stop asking me to marry you within a week of meeting you! #StalkerTendencies
Years ago I wondered if I had ever truly loved any of the guys I dated. Throughout the years I realized I have loved some and just lusted others. Lust is powerful! Sometimes it feel 1000x stronger than love. But when you take away that one aspect……..#sex! There is nothing else there. Where as with Love…… if you truly loved someone it will feel like the world is standing still. Almost like you can’t breath without that person. Even to the point that if you take out the sex…… it changes nothing! But yet no relationship can survive with just love! TRUST! I know that now!
Love is a strong emotion. To love someone you have never met. SMH just makes it more magical! LOL I hear about people who fall in love without meeting that person first. Years ago I dated someone I meet on the telephone. As funny as it was it was a wrong number. This was before mobile phones, before caller id, before you really had to worry about stalkers and crazy people! IF you know what I mean. This was back in the late 80’s. He told me what I wanted to hear. He was my age. He was in my grade. He was single. Etc. Etc. Move forward a couple years. Yes I said years. We finally set up a “meet!” Right before I left my house…… (I had the license and car) he informed me of something he left out in all those years of talking….. He had cerebral palsy! Did that deter me….. No! I was in love! So I finally met JAB. It was magical! We clicked and the romance continued on ……..
Now fast forward several years! Guess what I find out. He had lied about his age. He was actually 4 years younger. #Jailbait. Lied about his grade. Lied about a lot. But we worked through it. But months later it ended. Why? Because even though he loved me….. he loved the attention dating an older woman gave him at school. So we parted ways. He became a playa. Until all the attention disappeared he tried to come back! NOT!
Love will make you do stupid things. Love will make you stupid. Love is blind. Love is painful. But yet we still look for it. We need have the need to feel it. We still feel incomplete with out it. And sadly some feel incomplete with love. Love does not make everything better. Love does not solve problems. Some look for love their whole life. Some find love and hold on to it for the rest of their lives.
And once again:
Still looking for a love to call my own…………………………………………………
1 comment:
I think after a certain age for a guy offering you his last name seems like the thing to do. Well, at the very least it's what we think women want. I'm sure now it's basically just another line people throw out based on what they think you want. It's like if they say it then it means that they are super serious about the relationship. Mmmhmm. Put me on your insurance policy and in your will if you're super serious. LOL. With me it's usually some woman telling me about wanting to have my kids. But like you with love, if I had a kid for every time I've heard that I would totally destroy Maury's paternity testing record! LOL. I like the words and the actions but if you're only going to give me one without the other then I'll always have doubts and questions.
Don't you love how people just neglect to tell you something major and then just casually bring it up just before you're about to meet? I've had that happen a couple of times. I'm glad with technology I can just tell the person to turn on their webcam and stand up or send me a camera phone pic or video. Of course in 2012 there's still people claiming that the don't have a webcam or a camera phone. They're either lying or really, really broke. Either way I run, not walk away from them. LOL.
I like that quote, I think one or both of those pics will make an appearance on one my social network sites.
Post a Comment