Thursday, June 30, 2011

The new business

 

Contribution by Stevie Kirby

Starting a new business is scary, but it’s even more terrifying when you never went to college. A lot of my friends told me about the entrepreneurship classes they took and all the great resources they had for starting their own company, but I didn’t have any of that, so it was just up to me to get the candy shop off the ground. All I really had to go on was my love of chocolate and what I hoped was a lot of common sense! I spent a lot of time looking for a good place to rent and once that was taken care of, working on all the logistics. Everything from taxes to http://bank-card-processing.com took time to look into, but I’m glad I did since it all helps the store business flow more smoothly now. I’m feeling really good working for myself and to my surprise, business is way better than I even predicted it would be! I guess it pays to follow your dreams afterall, even if there is some risk involved.

No comments: