For those people that know me they know that I seem to always been looking for a job. Even when I have a job I am looking for something better. That is unless I really enjoy/love my job. Currently I love my job. The only problem………… it’s part-time. If it was full-time then I would not have to be looking for another job. When I interviewed for the job they said that it had the potential to go full-time. I can’t wait. I can see myself having a long future there….
The reason why I am even bringing this up is that I had an interview recently for another part-time job. When I saw the job listing I actually got excited. For several reasons. #1 Because the work hours complement my current job. #2 The pay was on point. #3 The location was idea. I enjoyed the interview but I knew once it was over I was not going to get the job. WHY?!?!?! Because unfortunately I am one of those person that either you love me or you hate me. I sometimes come off strong, over-bearing, sure etc. Some people can not handle my straight forwardness or my confidence. And when I walked out of that interview I knew they would not be calling me back. Their loss.
I have never had a problem with any job. All of my jobs have loved me. They did not want to lose me. The only time I was let go was because of BS. LOL They hired someone with more experience than me and when I asked them if I was going to lose my job they re-assure me no. (I told you I was straight forward) Needless to say I was laid off shortly there after. With some BS reason. So I just got my unemployment and moved on. They tried to fight unemployment but the so called excuse they told unemployment was flaky and even unemployment thought they was lying.
I always wonder how people find a job/career that they love and end up staying with that company for years or even decades. Before I moved to Texas I worked for the gubment for 5 years…………..whew. I can not phantom being lucky enough to find another job that would be able to hold my interest like that again. I would love to but for some reason I do not see it happening. It amazes me when I talk to someone who loves their career. I have a friend T who is an interior designer. Yes I have no idea what she does…… she explained it to me once. But she loves her job. And she has been with the same company since forever! LOL WHOA And 3D loves his career. I can’t imagine having such a stressful job like his. But he loves what he does. SMH
Maybe one of these days I will find the job/career of my dreams. And end up working there for decades. LOL The funny part is when I think of what I would want to do it always seems to either become a teacher or work for a non profit organization. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment