Now it took me a minute to figure this one out. I dated in high school but it was never really a “love” thing.
The first guy that I fell in love with was Dion. I was a fresh 18 and he was about 23. I met him through a friend. We shared a whirl wind relationship. It lasted with me going away to college. And most of the summer of the following year. I felt like I was ready to marry him. I realized I was in love with him
So I broke the relationship off. I felt that we would never survive a marriage. One thing I learned that being from 2 different lifestyles makes relationships harder than they should be.
I learned alot from him. He was a great teacher. He taught me everything I needed to learn and still know to this day. I learn how to be myself with him. I learned how to love myself and a man properly. I learned how much communication means in a relationship. I learned about trust and honesty.
Years later I realized that he helped open my eyes. He made me realize how love is suppose to feel. It took me many years, and many relationships to finally find someone who made me feel the same way D did. I found my forever love. But because of our different backgrounds and upbringing we remain apart. Maybe one day he will come to his senses so we can be together forever.
True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
Erich Segal
When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment