Tuesday, June 12, 2012

“Enter new address”

Welcome to Oklahoma City! 

I have recently added a new address to my resume.  A couple weeks ago I had several types of drama hit me at the same time. I normally fare well when dealing with said drama.  I feel as though I have handled it true to Teezie!  But this time once I discussed it with RBR the finally conclusion was to relocate.  It was my decision and not his. He said he would support any decision I came up with.

So officially in 48 hours I will be a new resident of OKC. The house is packed. I pick up the truck tomorrow. And Thursday we head for OKC. Goodbye Texas. You will be surely missed. I have loved every minute of you. And depending on what the future may hold….. we may return in the future.  I never thought I would be leaving Texas. I feel as though this was my state. I am truly feeling like I am leaving home!  Sad smile  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

For the past week I have been in OKC looking for a new rental house.  So far no such luck. It’s amazing how hard it is to find a 3 bedroom, 1 (prefer 1.5 or 2) bath house and hopefully a carport or garage. I started out with a list of about 30. And after driving by and a couple viewing I feel like I am still at go!  The ones we looked at had little to be desired. Several were in “ghetto” neighborhoods.  (Sorry charlie not for me!) Some people never called back. Others were not realistic. Not to mention the amount of fraud I have encountered using Craigslist, Postlets, hotpad etc.   SMH It’s a crying shame a person can’t find a house with out some BS!   In the end there are about 3 house that we are going to follow up on.  Hopefully we can move in a couple of weeks.

I’ll be heading to Tennessee for the weekend. A family reunion. I haven’t been in about 5 years. So this should be interesting.

Of course as you should be able to tell by this post. RBR and I are doing well. It has been a great experience. It is nice to think about the past 11 years we have been in each other’s lives and seen how we have grown. I am loving this new adventure. And I am in no hurry to get off this ride anytime soon! Smile with tongue out 

 

Red told me she envied my relationship. But for some reason I have no idea why. In my eyes is it just natural for us. We have more history than anyone else I have ever been with. He know me and I know him.  We “mesh” well together. 

 

Not sure when I will be able to post again. I was without Internet the whole week I was in OKC. The only access I had was through my phone. Hopefully soon I will be back up and running.

 

 

 

 


2 comments:

Jc Wooten said...

Thanks. I have not given them away. But unfortunately I will be doing so soon. :D Since I do not have a place to stay currently there is no other option.

I have tried to contact several people about rentals and they are out of the country. Want me to send them all my information. And everything via "other methods" rather than meeting in person. I got several email responses for different ads with the exact same lingo! SMH I noticed that Criagslist has a disclaimer about dealing with people who are not local..... fraud! LOL

I have a couple more viewing scheduled for next week. I hope I can find the right house soon also. Thanks. The kids are heading to DC for the summer so I have some time to hopefully find a place and settle in before they come back.

Freaky Deaky said...

Congratulations on the move and everything! I assume you gave the chicks away?


What kind of scams are going on? I saw a few shabby looking places while searching for a place. Fortunately their were a lot more good ones then not. Of course with what some of them were trying to rent places for I swear they were hitting the bath salts hard. I hope you find the right house in the right neighborhood soon.