Friday, May 11, 2012

Look at my babies

20120511_182736

Thought I would post an update on my chicks.  They are growing wonderfully. I am glad I got them. The red chick is named Rosie and the black one is named Onyx.

20120511_182909

I can’t  remember how long I have had them but it has been about 6 weeks give or take. And yes these pics were taking in my backyard and not the wilderness! LOL Can you see that my property management need to come out and mow! LOL

Today was the first day that I let them roam free.  In the fenced backyard.  They had fun. Daisy the dog next door barked the whole time! LOL  Plan on letting them out everyday from now on. Next up……. building the coop!

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Jc Wooten said...

Rosie and Onyx are doing quite well. My neighbors are making sure that Daisy doesn't act too crazy when she sees them. They are loving the fact that I have chickens also. But for some reason everyone thinks I am raising them to eat! NOT!  Today I saw Daisy and the chickens laying under the same tree.  (Different sides of the fence.) Unfortunately it's the only shade I have in my yard. And the tree actually comes up right on our fence line.
I enjoy when I go outside they actually follow me and mini me. Or come to us especially when we have food. I give them a treat several time a week other than chick food.  My son went in the yard and they ran from him the whole time.  SMH
Nope never built a chicken coop.  But I am very handy. I know how I want it to look.... so that is half of the problem.  But recently someone volunteered to make it for me. He is qualified to build a house so now I am thinking about adding to my original idea coop! LOL  Can't wait to post a pic!

Freaky Deaky said...

Yay! I was going to ask about chicken nuggets & chicken fingers err I mean Rosie and Onyx. LOL. I don't think I trust Daisy the dog. Have you ever built a chicken prison err chicken coop before? I'm having too much fun with the chickens and I haven't even mentioned funky chicken, chicken dance, or choking chickens. LOL.