Thursday, March 08, 2012

March already

 

Today is officially the end of my computer’s warranty!!  A couple years ago I decided to get a computer made with the specs I wanted. Decided that she was going to be a keeper….. for several years.  So I got her a nice warranty.  A couple weeks back she threw me an error message with one of my weekly scan check.  WTF  Hard Drive was going bad. So I actually got to use the warranty. They shipped a new hard drive. And sent a technician in to replace said hard drive.  Yes I could have changed it out myself! But that’s why I brought the warranty! So now 2 years later it feels like I have a brand new computer! LOL  Spent 1/2 a day doing a installation and recovery. And last half the of the day re installing programs, configurations etc.   I love my computer! Now trying to decide if I should re-up the warranty or not.

Relationship issues, drama, problems……. not even sure what to call them.  Last month I decided to stop dealing with several people in my life. I felt that they were bringing me down. No I did not straight out tell them to leave me alone. I just stop acknowledging their text messages and voicemails. And have stopped trying to contact them. I have talked to one on the phone since then but after the conversation it solidified my decision.  I have came to terms with the fact that they sucking the life out of me.  Seems like several people in my life only call me, text me, email me etc when they need something from me. I am tired of people who only contact me for my knowledge, help etc.  I would not have an issue if I talked to them regularly and every once in awhile they ask.  But the only time they call…….. SMH  And the sad part it….. I have not missed any of them.

On the relationship front. I am in the lost on that one. LOL  I am talking  to JB, this guy  that I met last Dec online. We have talked, text, FB, etc. It has grown to be interesting. Once again I am dating someone from a very different background. We both see things differently. We have not meet yet. Every since the day we met things have just not panned out so that I can make the trip. At first he was going to make the trip. But this his job situation changed and that is not possible now. So I am bidding my time when I can make the trip.  Of course like always I am hoping he is “The One!” 

I know GOD has a plan for me.

 

 

4 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

I've been wanting a new computer for a minute now. I think I can hold out until next year though. If the warranty is cheaper than any particular major component of your computer then I'd say go for it. Otherwise, backup regularly and barring any bad luck you can probably get by for another couple of years without being too frustrated.

Relationship issues, I know them very well. LOL. Hope it improves and if so throw some good karma in my direction. I purge people regularly. Some seem to purge themselves for me. Regardless, it's good to reevaluate your needs and the people in your life periodically. It feels good.

ladynay said...

What happened to the actor?

Jc Wooten said...

He did not work out. He had no time for me. Seemed like he only call when it was a convenience for him. SMH I don't have time for someone like that. Or if I hit him up he would complain about how long its been since we've talked. What the what!??! It takes 2.

Jc Wooten said...

I agree about the warranty. When I got this computer I said I would keep it for a minute. I love it. So I don't want to change it anytime soon. The part would have ran me a hundred or 2. I plan on getting the warranty again for another 2 years. May be changing out by then.

I purge people all the time. The problem is some of them don't know how to stay away. Regardless of what I say to them they constantly try to come back in my life like the plague!