Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Test of time.........................

I am currently on vacation. We starting off in ATL for several days. Then headed to Jupiter, Florida for a week. And then finish it all off by going to Orlando for 2 days. One that I really did not want to go on. My kids wanted to see Nana. So hence.................. I'm on vacation. Still job hunting. Trying to find a good one. Pray that I do. Several interviews. No call backs.


This trip has been a test on many fronts. I had no problems with the snacking while on the roadtrip. I have always brought food along. This time is was more fun and interesting. So I am not worried about falling off my get healthy wagon. 15.2 pounds lost to date!  Woot Woot
Join me at: SparkPeople.com



The problem is my mother. LOL We have never gotten along in our lives. She said we were fine until I turned 5. Since then it has been a battle of the minds.  The funny thing is my friends that have met her know what I am talking about. Family it is 50/50. My mother has like a split personality.... lol  She has a different persona depending on who she is talking to or dealing with. And being that I am the most honest person around I have no problem correcting her.  And in her old age she is getting senile and forgetful.

On another note.......  "RESPONSIBILITY"  Why do some people feel that they don't have to take care of it.  And other feel like it is their top priority. I am not pointing fingers. Both women and men sometimes do not handle their responsibility. And they leave it for others to handle.  My question is just............................WHY?  SMH



My son starts his first job next week. Granted it is a summer job. But I am so happy that he is going to learn more responsibility. I want him to know what it is like to be accountable. I have him accountable at home but sometimes I feel that is just not enough. I can't wait to see his eyes open.  This time next year he will be a high school graduate and heading off to college. I know I am just having mommy feelings but I feel like he is JUST NOT READY!

While completing a survey earlier I had to mark the Single (Never Married) button. It made me think long and hard. One of my aunt celebrated her 48th wedding anniversary last week.  WHOA. And another one is renewing her vows on her 30th wedding anniversary next month.  My mother was married for 16 yrs before he passed on.  What does that mean for me.......................

100% happily single and drama free!   Yes I have thought about marriage.  I have been engaged more times than I can remember. But I have always thought about  what would happen in the long run.  I rather be single then be divorced.  Sometimes you need more than love.  Believe me. If all we needed was love I would have been there, done that.  But you need something to keep it alive.  The last engagement that I broke off was earlier this year. The wedding date set was for this up coming Novemeber 11th. The plans had been still in the works. When I decided it was not time. He is still not understanding why. But I have explained it the best way I can see possible.  "I can do bad by myself!"  Everything was there but the communication. And that is a major part. We talked but not enough. And there was never enough compromise.  It was like having the full package but not the bow. I will not settle. I don't have too.







Well time to head out to dinner.  It has been real......  Keep me in your prayers!

No comments: