Saturday, December 20, 2008

Vent Post......lmao

I always told that holidays were for families to spend time together.  When I was about 18 I started rebelling against that believe.  Now that I have kids of my own I comply because of them.  Since I moved to Texas almost 6 years ago I have made it a point to go home for Christmas every year (but 1).  And that one year it felt strange.   To say the least.  This year I had wanted to go home for the holidays but do not have the funds to do so.  This is where I fall on my mother.   Now she hates to give me money.  But it is not like I ask her for money alot.  I wait until hell freees over first!  LOL

Now picture this............... she has never struggled a day in her life.  She was always married (to a man that handled the bills and money) until her last husband pasted away.  Now she has been on her own for about 10 years.  With his pension or whatever you call it. and her retirement, house paid for, car paid for..............  volunteers for work.   Believe me she does not know how to struggle. 

Me on the other hand.............  single mother of 2.  Struggled for my son's first 5 years   (every time I asked her for help she said no).  Got back on my feet in 1998.    Been doing well since then.  Then decided to go back to college.   WHEW  Went back to struggling.    Why............. cause it is hard to find a good job that lets you work around your various class hours.  So to say the least I have jumped jobs in the past 5 years.  But up until this past Sept.  I have been straight!   Only needed alittle bit here and there.  I mean books were $500 a sememster.  Come on now....................... you know the deal.

Since this past Sept I have been through it all.  You name it.  I have done good in not asking for nothing.  (Who likes to ask)  she did help me out earlier this month.  But dayum.  BUt what gets me......................... the reason for this whole post.......................... my son!

Now she would give my son anything.  I mean if he asked for a house.  She would buy.  Yesterday she mentioned that she would love to fly him home for the holidays.  I mentioned how giving me the money would cost her less for my whole family to come with me driving there.  She ignored me.  WTF  Talking about can you look for flights please.  WTF

Now how come my son get the vip treatment.  Out of all of her grandkids.  I mean my daughter is her only granddaughter and she acts like she is a hassle.  WTF  What makes my son god to her?!?!?!??!?!?

I GIVE UP!



Sorry............................  just had to vent.

No comments: