Today I went to my son's junior high's open house. I found out several things. I found out that he is still as smart as ever and doing well in all his classes. But he is struggling in Spanish........ but what else did I expect. Then I found out about the fact that he can change from his 8th grade math class to Algebra 1, which is 9th grade math. WTF
My son is that smart but whoa. I do not know if he is ready for harder work. His math teacher explained to me that he could get into some program. It is simiiar to AP classes but different. Once I find out more I will let you all know. All I know is that the teacher said that he could graduate HS and be a junior in college.
More info to come............
2 comments:
AP classes are really wonderful if your son is ready for it. I grew up in California and had advanced AP classes in Math and Science only. I didnt really miss anything because I just had 2 or 3 different classes than everyone else. But I did finish high school early. Which was really neat. And some of my AP classes was counted for countable classes in University.... Just something to chew on :)
Sharon - thanks.I know he can handle it. He has been a A/B student since he started school. I wish it was as simple as AP classes. From the looks of it he will be living on campus at UNT for 2 years. His junior and senior years of high school.
Troll - I never said that I had to think about him taking the class. (or learning new stuff for that matter) We had already decided that before I talked to the teacher further. I have to decide if I wanted to put him into the TAMS program. Or just let him take AP classes.
Post a Comment