Sunday, January 19, 2014

Family

Woke up this morning feeling lost. Like I did not belong to any family!  And I just realize that I am not only part of the problem..... but also part of the solution.   I know that I am not a very family oriented person but I have tried my best to keep my kids involved with my family. Mini me is very family oriented. She loves all aspects of being with the family, hanging with the family and just knowing her family.

I have always felt like there was a catch 22 with my family. I know my mother's side of the family but I do not know my father's side of the family.  I hate when people ask me about my "last name" side of the family. I have no clue. I know where my father's family is from. When my father's mother past away that was the last I knew about that family.  That is why I try to keep my kid's in touch with their father's.  I want them to at least be able to reach out to them if needed.

Things have been going great with DC. But sometimes I think it is best to let him go. He lied to me in the beginning. Of course it finally came out. And he says that he will never lie to me again. The problem is that he lost my trust. And even as much as I have tried I can't seem to trust him fully again. And I feel as though his family is against our relationship. Not sure why?!?!

I love DC. I feel like he is the best thing that has every happened to me. We have a great relationship. Not perfect. But very nice. I can see me being with him for the rest of my life. We can make this work. The problem is how to get him to cut those apron strings from his family! I feel as though his family have ran his life the wrong way for way to long. And since he can not let go then I may need to let go of him.  SMH And that thought hurts me every day.








No comments: