Monday, April 09, 2012

This too shall pass

3 day weekend was in full effect!  Could not decide where to go….. I considered: Washington, DC, St. Louis, Las Vegas, LA, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Galveston, Florida, or just stay home (NOT)………  Wednesday the washer went kaput. Had to wait on the repair guy to come Friday morning. Now when they said morning they meant morning. I got a call at 8:56am. Making sure I was at home and available. After I wiped the slob away from my mouth and as I shook my head yes.  I was like…. uh huh.  I'm here!   By 9:30am he had fixed both appliances for under $100. And was on his way!  Thanks MAN!

So I ended up going on a weekend roadtrip to Houston, TX.  I have never been there before….. it is one of the cities on my list of cities I want to visit in Texas. I plan to hit all the big cities while I'm still living in Texas. We got a later start than planned. But we got to our hotel Friday evening…… we stayed at Aloft!

re:mix(SM) lounge

We had a great time staying there.  They have a club called WXYZ at night. I did not get the chance to hit it up since I had mini me with me. But I loved the atmosphere anyway. Mini me loved the camp Aloft.  They actually gave her an air mattress with sheets, etc. so she can camp out in my room!  You should have seen her face!  #Priceless               The website said there would be a goody bag. She did not get one and I forget to mention it to the staff.  The hotel staff all were very efficient and helpful!  I am already counting down the days I can make another road trip so I can stay in another Aloft.  There are about 60 locations so far!  HERE I COME!

While there we decide to spend a day in Galveston. So my daughter had her day at the beach!  LOVED IT.  I just watched her play in the sand, swim and go crazy. I sat with my feet in the wet sand…….  at peace.  Cleared my head!  Re-evaluated some of my recent decisions. Exhaled….. and moved on!  Afterwards we hit up the first shop I could see. I had to get my postcards and mini me had to get some junk! LOL  But surprisingly another friend popped up in my head and I had to get them something also!  Interesting! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The last day we finally got a chance to play pool.  And then spent the rest of the day at the Houston Zoo.  Once again. She loved it. I used my AAA discounts the whole weekend. Loved saving 10% on things.  Even if that only covers the tax! LOL  I’m thinking about heading back to the beach this weekend. Depends on how my week goes.

Last week I decided to end my relationship with JB. There are several reasons why. But I am just going to say that I was not getting what I needed. Several times in the past months I had spoke to him about the “reasons” why I was not 100% happy.  All he could say is relocate to be with me.  #NOT  And my philosophy is……. if I am not happy with you I would rather be alone!!!  There was a lot about JB that I liked. But of course distance played a major factor. But that was not one of my reasons. That is just what I considered a hindrance.

I have never liked long distance relationships because if we can not mutually travel to see one another then why bother.  For whatever reason my long distance relationships always wanted me to travel.  Some BS line about my schedule being more flexible, about me loving to travel, etc. But like I tell them…. I have kids. So when I travel that is more money spent then if they just traveled to see me. SMH 

So once again…… I’m back doing me!  Where does that leave me this time?!?!?!?  Who knows?!?!?  Are there any prospects……hmmmmmm ALWAYS!

Teezie out!

2 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

Aloft looks like a cool hotel. Glad you had fun with the mini me. You didn't get in the water?

We have a TV station with WXYZ as the call letters. I always thought that was kind of cool. I'm scared of that Texas heat and give you props for all the travelling you do, especially when driving through that mega state of yours. After a few hours I want to see another state or I get bored and feel like I'm not making any progress. LOL.

Did you hire a chicken sitter?

The travelling was one thing I liked about my long distance relationship. It was like a mini vacation and I got the chance to get the hell out of here. LOL. But having to plan it out and budget and the money in general was kind of a bummer. Though I did get to see some places I never would have otherwise.

Have you ever been to Louisiana? It might make for a nice weekend trip.

Jc Wooten said...

It was beautiful. I will post pics of the room once I think about it. It was a contemporary modern design throughout.  No stuffy anything.  Loved it. Will plan on staying at them anywhere I travel from now on. Yea the bar scene was nice. I walked in to check in and was like whoa.........  I didnt get invited to the party! LOL  No I rarely get in the water now days. I have to REALLY be in the mood. My hair is over 3 feet long and the thought of either trying to keep it dry or having wash to it after getting it wet is enough for me to say.  I'm GOOD!!!
Yea that still gets me about how once I hit the Texas state line it still takes me 3 hours to get home. SMH  That still intrigues me how I can travel for up to 9 hours and still be in Texas also.
Nope I topped off their feeders and left them to their own. THey were good when we got back just had to clean up all that ........!
That is why I love roadtrips. I love seeing new things. I have driving as far away as 1500 miles in one weekend. Just to get out the house! I love to drive. Just wish gas prices were not so high now.
Yes I am great at budgeting. I can pinch alot out of a penny. I use to have friend in Louisiana so I use to go there to visit on the regular. Once I get Texas over with then I will start  hitting up Louisiana and Oklahoma. I have visited both states. But want to see more. It takes me 3 hours to get to Louisiana but only an hour to get to Oklahoma.  Usually I go to Oklahoma City and that is about 3 hours away.