Monday, February 13, 2012

Welcome Father Winter

That’s the first thing I said this morning when I opened my door. The first thing out my mini me’s mouth was “Yep it’s February.” Why you may ask?!?!?  When we opened the door so I can take her to school it was raining with the car and ground covered in about an inch of slush.  For Texas…… that is snow.  The temperature was just about 34 degrees. And that is why I tell everyone I know.  If you’re coming to visit me in Texas…. never come in February or March!

Welcome Father Winter

The first time I experienced Texas snow was on Valentine’s day 2004. My ex woke me up to tell me that it snowed all night long. I was amazed yet excited at the prospect of seeing snow since I have not seen any in the year I have lived in Texas.  Being from Washington, DC and use to seeing several feet of snow, I opened the door to see less than a foot. And it was melting anyway.  My daughter and her father quickly made a snowman. And enjoyed it while it was here.  Hours later I headed to the mall to hangout with a friend and when I headed back home………………….no snow!  I love Texas.

Now snuggling back into my bed!

1 comment:

Freaky Deaky said...

The way the weather keeps changing it's possible one day for the South to get more snow regularly than the North. It's snowing here as I type this but only about an inch and it should be gone by Thursday. Seems like a lot of effort and trouble to snow when it's not even going to stick around. This winter has been disappointing. Since I'll be moving down South, I guess I'll have to get used to it. Well, at least it'll be easier to get a snow day next year. LOL.