Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rest

Finally I am rested!  After getting home on Tuesday I figured I would pass out.  NOPE!  I got about 3 hours of sleep before I picked my son up.  He is enjoying his summer job so far.

Tuesday nite I had the audacity to not be able to fall asleep.  So I ended up finally going to bed after taking my son to work on Wednesday morning.  A full 8.5 hours! Well rested I was. Now I feel like I am back on a regular schedule.

I’ve talked to several friends about my road trip home. They all assume that I was tired driving on the way home.  NOPE NADA ZIP.

I failed to mention that at the same time that I was pulled over by the wonderful Mississippi PoPo we were having a tropical storm blowing through. Being that I drive a small sedan the wind was trying to whip me around the whole time from ATL to Texas.

And the funny thing is that from that point on until I reached Louisiana I actually counted everyone who crossed the white line 3 times! LOL I was not the only one. I guess I am just special.  Or maybe it was just profiling! LOL

I did not get the chance to make it out job hunting this week but I did apply online to several interesting jobs. I will make it out next week.

And I am actually going to fly home in a couple weeks for about 4 days. The only reason I am flying is because the kids start school the monday after the trip. I want them well rested and ready bright and early monday morning. I have to pick up mini me and attend a family function.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I read blog sections of your blog that speaks of your travels... First and foremost let me say I am so glad you and the fam is back home safe and secure.

Secondly, I am also very glad to hear you all had a great time! Even though y'all missed going to Disney World! :(

Last, but surely not least......... I am terribly sorry that you were subjected to such racial tactics!!! I have heard stories being from the south about Mississippi. It is a shame that people cannot pull their heads out of their asses and get shit straight! He was probably some damn neo nazi, backwoods, typical redneck racist from the south who still believes in the "black codes of Mississippi". Ignorant ass that he is!

Okay now that I blew off some steam after reading all that....... I hope you have a wonderful day and know that I think the world of you, my SparkBestie!

~ Becca