Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money

Well the mo money Senior year has officially begun.  Yet it is only summer.  Today we reviewed his senior pics and ended up purchasing $360 worth of pics.  What blows my mind is that I picked a package second from the cheapest. And they had the nerve to have a package that went all the way up to $1000.  WTF

Thank God I had already put money away for the mo money year. So I have that to fall back on if needed.  More people need to learn how to save money for that rainy day or whatever you want to call it day.  I make a point to have a emergency fund for days like that.  When I am working I put in a minimum of $25 up to $100 in it a month. And when I am not working………………. I just don’t touch it!  I hate when it is gone. Believe me it has happened more than once. But I always get it started right back up!

On a better note. I weigh myself weekly now and take my measurements monthly. And it looks like I have been losing about a half a pound to a pound a week. And in the past month I have actually lost 5 inches around my waist.  When my new swimsuit came in the mail the other day I was nicely surprised that I had more room than expected. I decided not to return it since I am blessed on the top. And it is rare for a swimsuit to fit me so well on all parts!  So now I am ready to hit the beach!  Or shall I say the lake! LOL

In about 2 weeks I may be hitting the road. Heading back to dear ole Washington, DC/Maryland for some R&R! LOL  I would love to stop in NC to see friends and family, make a trek to Philly, PA and Ocean City while I am out that way.  We are heading to FL for approximately 7-10 days starting July 17. And if I find time….. spend some time in St Louis, MO before the summer is over.

I found out I only have about 30 hours left to get my masters,…… give or take. I am attending a new school. And my new advisor has suggested that I take some classes “not” on my degree plan that he still feels will help me in the end.  The degree plan he gave me only lists 8 classes. So that is 24 hours. I am planning on adding about 12 more hours to that.  Give or take. Wish me luck and send me some strength! LOL

No comments: