Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

What can I say but it has been classic.  Not in any of my 35 years can I remember a Valentine's Day that was really special for me.  Seems like I was always alone. Even if I was in a relationship it seems that on February 13th we "conveniently" had a fight.

I do remember one nice memorable Valentine's Day. I believe it was back in 1996. I was dating K. Someone who still to this day left a lasting impression on me. He was my longest relationship! And we still keep in touch. (or at least try to) Anyway on Valentine's Day that morning I woke up happy that there was no fight the night before. And I eagerly awaited my VDay gift.  When low and behold I got nothing. We had a big fight!  I meant HUGE!  LOL

I left the apartment and headed to the mall.  Ordinarily I am not a shopper. But when I am mad or pissed I shop until I drop!  LOL It helps me let out my tension and stress. Anyway when I get back home with over $400 worth of new stuff for me and my son.  I passed his sorry ass sitting on the couch and went to my bedroom.  And took a nap.

About an hour later. He came creeping in. (I think he was ready for me to throw something as his head) Anyway he crawled into bed. And then asked me why I stepped on his card.  Come to find out he had ran to the store and got a card for me, while I was gone and left it on the door knob.  I did not see it when I got home. I was still too mad to see.

Anyway. Inside the card was some cologne and a sincere letter of apology. With a proclamation of love.  The first! 

Needless to say I still have this card to this day.  It will go down in history as my best and only Valentine's day!

This Valentines Day what did I do? Nothing. Took the kids shopping. Let Rome's best friend stay the weekend. Took them to the drive in on Sunday. And just enjoyed my time with my kids. And that is what Valentine's Day is for.  To spend time with your loved ones!

No comments: