Friday, June 14, 2019

Self Care

I recently had to quit my job. I had been working with the company for 2 years. I eventually change positions 3 times. And also changed location with the last position change.  I went from working a nice job with for the most part standard expected hours. To a new position that had me working 6 days a week 10 to 12 hours a week. SMH

I asked how long that was going to last. I was advised that we would only do 12 hours during the Christmas holiday and then 10 hours from that point on. Well THAT WAS A LIE! On a day by day basis you never knew what time we was suppose to start. And never knew what time we was getting off. Until they said..... ok ...go home! SMH

After 6 months of that BS. I asked for an extra day off.  NO! Can do!  WTF?!?!  What is the use of having leave if you can not use it. I believe they prefer if people call out. I am not the type to call out. I asked for an extra day off after working 6 days a week for 2.5 months. When they said no. I literally walked out. I called my husband up. Explained the situation. He said...... See you when you get home.

It took me a week to recuperate from that job.

Yes the paychecks was nice. But lack of sleep. Lack of time with my family. Rest and Relaxation. Is a must. Money is not everything. I would chose Life instead!

No comments: