Saturday, June 04, 2016

USPS

Learned something new this week. But I am also doubting the validity of it being true. 

Remember how happy I was to finally move. Well I have been trying to mail my change of address cards and some mail for the old tenants back to the post office.  I don't go past the post office regularly. During the week of May 16th I received some mail for the old tenant. Of course I wrote no longer at this address on the envelope and put it back in the mail box. AND it is still there.  I went out of town and came back. Put in my change of address card. And after it raining on and blowing away several time I finally decided to contact the post office. Several days later I get a voicemail from the representative there.


He proceeds to tell me that the mailman only picks up mail when he delivers mail. And if he is not delivering mail then he will not pick it up. (Then why have a red flag? I don't get alot of mail on a regular basis. I try to do everything I can electronically.) He then preceeded to tell me that I can drop the mail in any mail box recptacle around town.  There is not a mailbox receptacle in my daily travels near my house. Since this has happened I noticed there is one near my husband's job. Needless to say I thought that since I brought it to their attention that they would at least as the mail carrier to pick up my mail.  NOT!!!!  I finally made a trip to the post office with my change of address forms but then I left the other mail. Counting the days to see if/or when it gets picked up. 

What is interesting is a couple days a week I come home in the afternoon. And I noticed that the postal carrier parks his truck about a house away on the other side of the street. I understand that postal carriers do not want to have to walk to every house if its not needed. But if there is a red flag..... SMH

Needless to say I will try my best not to need to use the mail box from here on. OH well............

No comments: