This is some pure BS!
Years ago when I moved to Oklahoma City I had a hard time finding a place to live because everyone wanted 6 months of rental history and 6 month of on the job. I only had previous rental experience from Texas. They would not pay that any mind. And I had not been on my job for 6 months at the time. Even though I had 2 jobs and was working a FT and a PT. So in the process of looking for a rental I met....LANDLORD. He was showing me another place which I didn't like. And I mentioned what I was looking for. He said he had another one available and I should check it out. Checked it out.... ended up moving in March 2013. Fastfoward to 2016....
A couple months back I started a new job. And went 6 weeks without a paycheck. Because the new gig pays monthly! Yes MONTHLY. I spoke to LANDLORD and he was ok with getting the rent on the new pay date.... the 23rd of each month. Never complained! Then in December I feel behind. I actually didn't work for 2 months before going back to gig in another position. Once again spoke to LANDLORD. At this time he told me that I could make split payments and that he was ok with that. I made every payment on that schedule but paid 1 week late once.
My husband and I had decide to upgrade to a bigger house this year. So I (being a responsible tenant) sent LANDLORD a 30 day intent to move per our rental agreement. In that letter I explained when the last month would be paid...... weeks before I move. And I thanked him for being generous in working with me during this last couple month.
What did that do..................... get me served for eviction. Up until this time I had not even applied for a new house yet. And once he served me the new realtor I was talking to would not pay me any mind because in their eyes I have an "eviction" record. SMH WTF Remember,.....I have been living in this rental house for 35 months. Up until December..... I had only been late one time before...... ONCE! In December when I knew I was going to be late.... I called LANDLORD up and worked a deal out. I call BS.....
I called LANDLORD up to find out why he served me...... his reason was because I had paid him late ONE time before. And that I needed to pay on time. And in his next sentence he asked me if I was going to stay longer now or still move. WTF How can I move now...... since he pinned me with a fukn eviction. SMH
Needless to say I talked to the new realtor about it and they declined to rent me the house because of him. SO now I am stuck like chuck until I find someone who will look past that BS. And LANDLORD is happy now that I am not moving.
Me...... I'm pissed. But I'm just going to stack my money until the time comes again or until I relocated to NC. Now my question for all....... Is this against the law?
No comments:
Post a Comment