Recently the company I work for has pissed me off. To say the least. One of my ambitions was to always get my masters. I had planned to start on it years ago but got detoured by RBR. Last year I decided that relationships should not interfere with this goal. So I set off to start on my masters. In doing so I inquired about tuition assistance through my job. I had no idea where I am headed with the company but I have been thinking about advancing enough to get a gig at HQ. Which of course would mean a relocation...... no problem. Better environment more job opportunities.
I discussed it with my boss. He was all for helping me out and doing what he could do to help. Eventually I got approved for half credit for 2 classes. Which basically equals one full class tuition. I was excited. Since I had student loans I figured I could use the money to buy stuff I needed for school..... books, a computer, school supplies etc. Needless to say I passed those classes with an A and B+. Nice. They issues part of the reimbursement a month later and then the final part last month. I had since taken the 2nd two classes. Considering I was told that most people fail one of the classes the first go around I was happy when I passed both classes with Bs. A B+ and B-.
Fast forward to today. I was informed by HR that since I did not pay my student loan with the reimbursement that I now have to pay it back. Lovely right. At $200 a pay period. Nice. SMH I read the application material several times and no where did it say you could not spend it on school supplies. There was a list of what you can't spend it on...... I didn't buy any of that stuff. No where did it say you had to spend it to pay school loans. So obviously it was not meant for me to get help with my master's at a company I thought had my back. And asking around it seems weird that the only thing I could do was use the money to pay my school loans considering I have more classes to pay. I could have used it to pay for more class.......... This does not make sense to me. But I have decided to not pursue the issue. I have more classes I could have asked for reimbursement for.............NOT!!!!!
Now I have to figure out how to keep my lights on, gas on, car insurance, care note, rent etc. Expenses that I have always had a budget for. Now with this garnishment to my wages I will not be able to afford my regular bills not to mention groceries for my house. Yea job!
I have never had an issue with being a single mother. I have had enough struggles of my own without someone else throwing left curve in it. They have just ruined my daughter's summer, probably get me evicted, car repo'd or lights turned off.
I took this semester off but classes start back up in May. I have completed 12 credit hours out of 45. Wish I knew this was going to happen or I would not have taken a semester off. This time next year I should be done. Then I will have marked another goals DONE!
Since I got home I have been job hunting. I know that I can make more money doing what I do elsewhere. I never left because I like my co-workers. And I was happy staying where I was at. So now on to plan B. "Hopefully" Find another job. Use my 401K from this job to pay the amount I owe back in full (once I quit) and move on with my life leaving this crazy ass company in my rear view. I know I am headed to big things in my life and the fact that someone is hindering me pisses me off.
God give me strength!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment